Create encrypted volumes.
ProxyCrypt is a command line tool that creates encrypted volumes within a file or a hard drive. Encryption and decryption are made on the fly, allowing you to use encrypted volumes like normal ones.
Designed for paranoids and advanced users, it is also fast, very lightweight, open source and easy to recompile.
It works as a 'proxy' for the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver, so you need to install it first.
Use ProxyCrypt without argument to get syntax help.
If you need to create encrypted spaces which can be partitioned like an ordinary hard drive, ProxyCrypt is also compatible with Arsenal Image Mounter.
- Supports AES-256, Serpent and SHACAL-2 ciphers.
- Cascade encryption with free choice of the ciphers.
- Supports key files, in conjunction or replacement of the password.
- Mode of operation is XTS.
- Passwords are hashed with the scrypt key derivation function, which uses Whirlpool or Keccak hashing function.
- Scrypt can be tuned for more security or more speed.
- Password length can be up to 250
, Lizenz: Freeware
, Releasedatum: 03.12.2016